Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I got a little sketchy!

There are two things which you need, when you decide to make a portrait. One of course is time and the other is mood. You might argue that one also needs to have the gift to be able to draw. I would say, oh come on, that is so obvious. One wouldn’t want to do something outrageous with the pencil. I think I am quite decent when it comes to drawing and hence give it a shot whenever I can.

So finally after an eternity of sorts, I got into the mood and had ample time. I opened my laptop and browsed through some pictures. I found the one I wanted and I was away. First was the outline of the face. Then the hair, and next were the eyebrows. Now come the toughest part. Eyes. I kept the eraser handy. (Boy, I wish I do a portrait without lifting the pencil).

Nevertheless, the eyes were done in about 10 minutes. The nose and the mouth completed the picture and some finishing strokes produced a draft version. This then went through further modifications after some criticism from Mom and sister. I hope the final version looks alright. See for yourself.




1 comment:

The Dreamer said...

A really good sketch after a long break!