Tuesday, May 03, 2016

Just Kidding.

Gulzar saahab is in my opinion the greatest writer the Hindi film industry has ever seen. Millions of wannabe writers like me idolize him no end. Just as I write this I hear the song Chappa Chappa Charkha play on the radio. Unbelievable coincidence! God bless Gulzar saahab. Anyway, why I post this is because my admiration for his poetry knows no bounds. 

This year we saw Disney blockbuster The jungle book and almost every Indian of this era will remember the Hindi song Jungle jungle baat chali hai. Again the great soul behind those lyrics is you know who!  So I thought of attempting a simple poem myself. I hope the kids like it. Here it is.
        
The sun is down the moon is up.
Our dinner is done with milk full cup.
Our eyes are tired our body is weary.
Its time to read a bed time story.
Let's hope we get a lot of sweet dreams.
Full of candies, cakes and icecreams.
With fluffy pillows to keep us cozy.
And warm quilts to keep things rosy.
Off we go to catch some sleep.  
In hope that it is peaceful and deep.

No comments: