Sunday, October 28, 2007

On a high!

I was looking for a break since many days. The software profession can sometimes get to you. So much so that at times, you would feel like leaving this planet. No, I am just kidding!!! It isn’t that bad. Leaving the planet didn’t mean DYING by any stretch of imagination. What I meant was that you sometimes wish you were like a free bird. Well, I got to become just that. Yep! I flew. I left mother earth and soared into the sky. SUPERMAN reincarnated??? Nope! It was just a Paragliding session organized by our company. It simply blew my mind, and of course the wind blew the rest of me.

Paragliding is different from para-jumping. Here, you are not diving from a plane. Instead, you become much like one. You take off, fly around and land. Paragliding is done from hill tops. There is a chute tied to your back and you jump off a cliff. And lo and behold, you are up there in a jiffy. Within a minute you reach heights of 1000 to 1200 feet. The view from up there is awesome. It’s accentuated because you are in motion. You are surveying the ground like a falcon looking for prey. You feel high, both literally and figuratively. You feel like God!


No comments: