Thursday, December 07, 2006

Loved n Lost

I never believed in love at first sight, for I knew it was crap.
But as time sped with its might, love caught me in its wrap.

The searing urge to tell her, in my heart was always present.

I wanted absolutely no other, coz I knew I would resent.

I didn't want to stay mum, lest it would get too late.

Then life'd be all glum, wishing I had thrown the bait.

Toss the hook, I did, full of vain on my charm.
Risked opening the lid, was sure there'd be no harm.

I was smitten by her pulchritude, so thought, it was worth a try.
But when I reached an altitude, I found myself high and dry.

She never had that quenching pail, for which I thirsted as much I can.
So there goes my love tale, that ended before it began.

Before I wind this one up, let me just plagiarise a little.
Sorry BZ, "It's only words and words that all I have to take her heart away!"

No comments: